Butyl Sealing Tapes
High Quality Butyl Rubber Sealing Compound
Roofing and cladding systems:
- Provides a weather tight seal for use with coated steal, aluminium and fibre cement roofing and cladding systems in side and end lap applications.
- For sealing side and end laps on GRP and Polycarbonate rooflights.
- For sealing perimeter flashings in roofing and cladding systems.
- Provides an (internal) “airtight” seal to enable compliance to building regulations and project specifications.
- For sealing steel gutter joints.
- Lapstrip is normally used in some form of lap joint. Good joint performance requires good initial contact between the strip and both surfaces of the joint. A positive compression during application allows both surfaces to gain maximum contact with the strip sealant. Lapstrip must have a nominal thickness just greater than maximum anticipated joint clearance.
- Full technical and COSHH data is available on our ranges of GCA and HP600 butyl tapes. Please request from our technical department.
- All our butyl sealing tapes comply to Class A as defined in the NFRC Technical Bulletin 36.
- The MCRMA Technical Paper 16 also offers practical advice with regards endlap sealing.
- A high quality moisture cured sealant based on polyurethane to give very good movement accommodation and adhesion to many surfaces.
- Excellent resistance to many chemicals.
- Standard Colours – Black, White and Grey.
- Sealing and bonding in metal constructions.
- Sealing of shrinkage joints in concrete floors.
- Flexible bonding’s in container fabrication
- Sealing of joints in caravan and motor homes
- Bonding of most building materials
Low Modulus Silicone
- A high quality low modulus neutral cure one-part silicone sealant which cures to form a flexible rubber.
- An elastic sealant which conforms to BS 5889: 1989 Part A.
- Standard colours are: Translucent, White, Grey, Brown and Black.
- For sealing trims and flashing in roofing and cladding.
- Many general industrial uses for example automotive , caravans, boat building, heating and ventilation.
Hodgson Fire Foam
- A single component fire retardant construction foam that conforms to DIN 4102-Part 1 Class B1:1998
- Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of building materials such as brick, concrete, metal and PVC-u
- 100% HCFC-PCB and formaldehyde free totally cured and chemically inert
- For gap filling – sealing of partition walls and around pipes where a fire rated foam is required
- For maintaining insulation to cavities and joints in structures
- For providing backing material for joints prior to the application of sealants
- General gap filling applications